Monday, May 4, 2009

Where are you TODAY?

This morning I was on a walk when a lost dog came up to me. I run a lot and am pretty scared of lose dogs or any wild animals for that matter because I have had my share of run-ins. But lately these lost dogs have been attracted to me. This is the second time in just a few days a dog has walked beside me for at least a mile. This morning as I was approaching a busy intersection I told this dog, "buddy, you better go home or you're going to get killed." Well, I guess this dog wanted to get killed because it ran full speed into one of the busiest intersections in town. I saw a women slam on her brakes and the man driving behind her swirve to miss being in an accident. The police officer, who was waiting to turn, rolled down his window to ask me about it. I said, "I don't know, it just started following me." He laughed as the dog came over and jumped on his car. I yelled at the dog to go home, and it went on the other way opposite the intersection. Really, what was this dog thinking, and what a close call to a pile up in that intersection.

I wanted to share this story, but interpret is as you would like. It probably means something different for you than it would for me or someone else. Maybe you are the woman or man driving and something has just been sprung upon you, maybe you are the dog and doing things before you think, maybe you are the dog who is lost or maybe you are the police officer who is observing everything. Take a moment and think about where you are at in your life, but know this...a verse on my desk reminds me that God is my protector and gives me peace.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment